Until the new cemetery was opened in 1828, the old churchyard was a burial place for Göcklingen citizens. In the past, there were great disputes here, because both the Protestants and the Catholics had shares in the churchyard. Therefore, it was buried there separately according to denominations. Two of the old gravestones of baker Johannes Steigner (died 1736) and Johannes Reuther-Reither (died 1764) can still be seen on the church tower.
A Catholic rectory was built in the churchyard as early as 1519, but it was destroyed in the wars of the following centuries. In the peacetime under Elector Carl Theodor, the rectory was rebuilt in 1768 in the rural, classicist style. The house was used as a rectory until 1965. However, the then pastor Dr. Aloys Schirmer felt this was inhumane and had a new rectory built.
Until 1968, the rectory included a courtyard with barn, stables, sandstone vaulted cellar and laundry room and was surrounded by a courtyard wall. After a renovation, it should offer space for primary school classes. However, shortly afterwards the Göcklingen school was dissolved, the Göcklingen primary school pupils have been going to school in Ilbesheim since then.
In 1980, the rectory with its stucco ceilings and wall paintings was placed under monument protection. In the following years it was renovated several times and in 2004 extended by an extension. Now it is used as a parish home and thus as a meeting place for young and old.
In the 15th century, by order of the Elector, a fortification was built around the former church and the churchyard. A part of the sandstone wall, as well as the church stump and a small Gothic gate are still preserved today.