There are more than 200 festivals at which visitors can enjoy Palatinate hospitality and sample wines, local produce and the regional cuisine. The choice is extensive, ranging from wine festivals and kerwen (traditional church fairs) to Christmas markets complete with delicious glühwein from local vineyards.
The Palatinate festivals for all initiative started in 2017 and is so far unique within Germany. It provides detailed and verified accessibility information for a growing number of events that helps visitors to find a wine festival which is suitable for them. A specially appointed Wine Festival Commission reviews selected wine and village festivals as well as regional markets with regard to their quality, ambience and accessibility. The aim is to enshrine the high quality requirements for the events in the long term.
- At least one disabled parking space available
- All passages / paths at least 90 cm wide
- Venue is continuously accessible
- Essential movement areas at least 120 x 120 cm
- Door opens to the outside
- Movement area left or right next to the toilet at least 90 cm
- Grab bars are available
- Washbasin at a height of 67 cm