Built around the year 1200. Seat of the Knights of Dalberg (First Barons of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation) from 1441 until its destruction in 1689. The castle was then rebuilt and sold at the beginning of the 19th century by the Lords of Dalberg.
By car, it can only be accessed via Edenkoben. It can be accessed on foot from St. Martin. The castle is now privately owned and cannot be visited. Only Burgschänke Kropsburg in the outer bailey is open to the public and is a popular day trip destination.