The Bergkirche had been used as a simultaneous church since the Reformation. Since the space became too small for the growing number of inhabitants and the simultaneity was also not always easy, the local council decided in 1841 that two new churches should be built in Albersweiler: the Catholic church down in the village and the Bergkirche as a new building for the Protestant believers. The consecration took place on 13 December 1846. The church has an organ by the well-known organ builder Walcker. Due to an air raid during the Second World War, the church could not be used between 1944 and 1948. Since 1950, the Bergkirche has also had a new bell.