Near today's Slevogthof lies the small family cemetery of the Finkler family hidden a little in the forest. Dr. Peter Finkler acquired the manor house and the surrounding forest in the 19th century. At the beginning of the 20th century, the estate and the possessions of the Finkler family were auctioned off, as they could no longer hold it for financial reasons.
Max Slevogt, who married his daughter Antonie, called Nini, in 1898, succeeded in auctioning the farm for himself and his wife in 1914. Until his death, the great Impressionist lived and worked here on the later named "Slevogthof".
Max Slevogt was buried here after his death on 20 September 1932 and only a few days later his wife Nini were buried here at the family grave site where Slevogt's mother and in-laws were buried.