Of the former classicist building, only the gable-crowned central risalit with balcony above a four-column portal remains today.
Municipal building inspector Samuel Schwarze had prepared the construction plans at the time. The building was erected in 1824/25 and served for a long time as a school and community centre with the mayor's office, council hall and teachers' accommodation. The savings bank also found its place in it early on.
In 1976, the building had to make way for today's new building for the association's municipal administration and the savings bank. The central risalit was inserted true to the original into the new building ensemble.
The building is barrier-free accessible.