Pfälzer Weinsteig Stage 10: Klingenmünster - Bad Bergzabern
The shortest stage of the Pfälzer Weinsteig attracts with the charm of the surrounding landscape and the atmosphere of the southern Palatinate resorts of Gleiszellen and Pleisweiler-Oberhofen. Our goal is the spa garden town of Bad Bergzabern. From the monastery in Klingenmünster the path leads through the vineyards towards the spa gardens and along the Klingbach up through the vineyards towards Gleiszellen. Along cobbled streets you pass the outskirts of Hatzelberg-Brunnen, dive into the forest and are guided along the slopes of the Hatzelberg and the Röhlberg to the crossroads at Seicheneck. Following the course of the Hirtenbach along the Talaue you soon arrive at the Wappenschmiede. This historic, half-timbered house in Pleisweiler invites you to stop for a refreshment before the hike ends in the vineyards of the spa garden town of Bad Bergzabern. The cosy historic centre, the parking facilities and the Südpfalz Thermal Baths offer recreation and relaxation. Friends of architecture should not miss the castle and the renaissance buildings of the historic centre.
UFFBASSE! - Campaign for being considerate of others in nature
- Always act in a proactive, friendly and considerate way towards everyone you encounter along the way.
- Respect nature, do not destroy plants and always stay on the paths. Try to avoid excessive noise and leave the forest before dusk.
- Remember to take a rubbish bag with you when you go out and take your rubbish back home.
- Please keep your dog on a leash at all times. Other visitors and animals thank you.
- For your own safety, observe all road closures, including at weekends.
- Park only in designated parking areas. Leave space for emergency vehicles and agricultural machinery.
- Please give priority to agricultural and forestry traffic.
We begin at Klingenmünster Abbey and walk through the park (1) along the River Klingbach, before ascending through sun-drenched vineyards to the village of Gleiszellen. The trail continues through the alleys of this picturesque village. Just after the Hatzelberg fountain (2), we enter the forest and walk along the slopes of the Hatzelberg and Röhlberg hills to the crossroads at Am Seicheneck (3).
Finally, we descend through the trees into a small valley, which we then follow downhill into a larger valley. A gentle path along the floodplain (4) brings us past a tennis court (5) to a wonderful, historical timbered house which houses the Wappenschmiede restaurant (6) in Pleisweiler, where we can stop and refresh ourselves. Leaving Pleisweiler behind us, we walk through beautiful vineyards, past a vine-covered hikers' shelter (7), to the spa town of Bad Bergzabern.
Stroll around the winding streets of the historical town centre and relax in the idyllic park and the South Palatinate thermal springs. The magnificent castle and the 'Zum Engel' restaurant, a splendid building dating from the Renaissance, are also well worth a visit.
Use our app as an interactive holiday planner:
- Detailed topographic maps
- Precise map base, also available offline
- Highlight recommendations from us for you
- Exact tour descriptions
- accessibility Informations
- Refreshments and overnight stays
- Sights and events
- Navigation function including voice output
- Planning your own tours at home
- Tracking your own tours on the go
- Get to know the environment better with skyline augmented reality