During the opening hours of the Weinbiethaus the Weinbiet-Tower is also open. An unobstructed panoramic view is offered from the viewing platform of the Weimbiet-Tower.
Closed rooms are available for groups up to 100 people. The Weinbiethaus was planned in 1925 and was built in 1926 of red sandstone for 15,000 Reichsmarks.It was inaugurated on 1 June 1928.
It is operated by the Palatinate Forest Association, local group Gimmeldingen, as an excursion restaurant. The Weinbiethaus within the forest boundaries of the Neustadter district of Gimmeldingen stands at 554 m above sea level on the summit plateau of the Weinbiet that gave it its name, which belongs to the Haardt, the eastern edge of the Palatinate Forest. In the immediate vicinity are the brick-walled Weinbiet-Tower and the 136 m high lattice mast of the Weinbiet transmitter.