A structural feature in the city park is the artificially created two-arched grotto made of shell limestone. It was built in 1893 from stalactite formations from Greußen in Thuringia. Since 1901 there has also been a refreshment and shelter hall in the park. At the end of the First World War it was expanded into a popular inn. It still exists today as a “park tavern”. In 1910 the city's first tennis court was built in the park. Today the spacious city park serves as a recreational area with numerous functions and facilities. In addition to a number of walking and hiking trails, there are also various restaurants, a grill hut, a Kneipp pool and a barefoot path up here. Clubs like the Park Tennis Club Grünstadt, the Association for German Shepherds and the Schützengesellschaft Grünstadt are also based here.