The "Altes Stadthaus" (Old Town Hall)
The baroque Town Hall building was erected in 1753 by the Master Builder Schmeisser. The date is engraved in roman numerals (MDCCLIII) in the lintel over the main door. The Baroque tower houses a bell that was cast in 1742 which used to serve as the fire alarm and a clock which has sounded the hour since 18th century. Today this building serves as the museum of local history and Tourist Information Centre.