We will guide you through the centuries of Dürkheim's history.
Celts and Romans, Salians and Leiningers have left traces, some of them thousands of years old. They all come to life on this tour of the town when the tour guide tells you,
- that the Celts discovered white gold here
- why Bad Dürkheim was once at the centre of the Holy Roman Empire
- that in the church of St. Ludwig hangs an image with a dark secret
- where trees grow in the spa park with its eleven bridges over the Isenach that have never been seen before
- how one of the most curious buildings in the world, the giant barrel, came into being
- that the graduation building, one of the longest of its kind in Germany, is located here, and much more.
The route leads through the spa gardens and the city centre with Römerplatz, Stadtplatz and Schlossplatz and ends at the city museum.
If you wish, you can finish the tour with a glass of sparkling wine or secco (plus 2.50 euros per person) at the City Museum.
PRICE 2020 & 2021: 65,00 Euro
DURATION: approx. 1.5 hours.
NOTE: For groups of 16 persons or more (distance regulations must be observed), at least 2 guides will take over the tour (additional costs).