The mill was built in 1624 by Jakob Viehe. During the Thirty Years' War the mill building was destroyed, but it was reconstructed in 1711 by the miller Andreas Foltz from Hommerdingen. The residents of the village were obligated to help with the mill construction in terms of compulsory labour. During the Second World War the mill was severely damaged und plundered. The then miller and owner, Mr Sieber, restarted the mill and sold the whole property in 1969 to Albert Teuscher from Riedelberg, who set up a restaurant. The name of the restaurant will always be a reminder of the fact that a mill was operated here for more than 400 years. Today the mill is owned by Karl-Heinz Pfeifer.