Information around the picnic area:
- This picnic area can be reached on foot/bike.
- It is public and accessible at any time
- The nearest parking lot is in the Johannes-Damm-Straße (parking deck) in Maikammer
- It is located a little bit away from the cycle path Deutsche Weinstraße
Picnicking in the great outdoors - here's how it's done:
1. pack delicious picnic in your backpack or saddlebag and head to the nearest picnic area.
2. good to know: In the forest and in the vineyards there are usually no trash cans. Therefore: take everything you have brought back home and leave the picnic area without any traces!
3. very important: making fire and barbecue is forbidden!
4. forest and vineyards are for everyone. Stay on the marked trails, be considerate of each other and keep your distance.
5. many picnic areas, huts, lookouts and castles are not accessible by car. The car must be left in parking lots for hikers or in the villages.
6. Camping in the Pfälzerwald-Nordvogesen Biosphere Reserve is only allowed on designated campsites, RV parks and trekking sites.
7. please do not make noise and leash your dogs in the forest and vineyards to avoid disturbing wildlife.
Help us to remain a sustainable and environmentally friendly vacation region!