The Protestant church in Klingen in its present form was built around 1500 in the late Gothic style and dedicated to Saint George. Previously, a chapel from the Carolingian period stood on this site. Window and vault forms of this chapel have been preserved in the sacristy.
The organ is considered to be the oldest still playable organ in the Palatinate - although experts disagree on age. Some estimate that the organ dates from 1695, others claim it is younger and was only built around 1750. Until 1883 the church was used as a simultaneous church. The church is one of the cultural monuments of the place.