Protestant Church Lindenberg (Palatinate)
On 3 May 1953, the foundation stone for the Protestant church was laid in the predominantly Catholic town of Lindenberg. The single-nave church with its round-arched windows and attached tower with an onion-domed roof has room for about 130 people. It was opened on 14 March 1954. It was made necessary by the influx of Protestant refugees after the war. The building was made possible by the commitment of the then parish priest Wensch and the presbytery, by the financial commitment of the regional church, the Gustav-Adolf-Werk and the local congregation of Lindenberg. Above all, however, the congregation members created the basis for the construction of the church through their great commitment by providing preparatory and accompanying services in countless hours of work. Even today, they consider the upkeep and care of the church to be their very own task and are committed to it accordingly.
The single-nave church with its round-arched windows and the attached tower with onion roof offers space for about 130 people in a simple interior. The ceiling is painted with symbols of the Passion of Jesus. The altar is flanked by a simple wooden pulpit and a baptismal font designed by the artist Anneliese Welker-Stahel from Lambrecht. The altar wall is adorned by a carved triptych by the Munich artist Helmut Ammann, who also created the choir windows, the pulpit and the baptismal font in the Prot. church in Lambrecht. A depiction of the crucifixion in the centre is flanked by two scenes in which Jesus encounters people who are doubting or seeking advice: Nicodemus (according to John's Gospel 3) and Thomas (John's Gospel 21).
Inside the church is a historic Geib organ from 1777.