he church building association, founded in 1892, began building a Protestant church in Maikammer in 1913 since the number of Protestant parishioners grew and the desire for a church of their own became stronger and stronger. On 3 May 1914, the "Johanniskirche" was consecrated. It is built in post-classical style mainly of yellow sandstone from Palatine quarries, has round-arched windows and a coffered vault ceiling. The tower is decorated with the figure of John the Baptist. The main decoration of the church is the beautiful glass paintings with biblical scenes (windows) by Professor Goller from Dresden and the magnificent organ by Steinmeyer from Oettingen.