The St. Elisabeth Church was built around 1300. Initially as a chapel in honor of St. Elisabeth of Thuringia shortly after her canonization. In 1496 the chapel was elevated to a church. The former defense tower, part of the local fortification, was converted into a church tower. During the Second World War, the church was hit by bombs and burned to the ground. The reconstruction took place in the years 1949/50.