The Nibelungen Rock is a rock massif piled up on several terraces in the Legelbach Valley. Under a table rock is a relief with larger-than-life figures from the Nibelungen saga, which gave the rock its name. The work of art was created in 1928 by the Hagen sculptor Heinrich Harwick on behalf of the Ludwigshafen Nibelungen Association. This association also built the Nibelungen Home in the forest near Schwarzsohl from 1927 to 1934 on the foundation walls of the former Electoral Palatinate hunting lodge of Breitscheid.
On the side next to the relief is written in runic script:
NIMMER VERNARBT NIBELUNGENNOT
IMMER AUFS NEUE AUS ALTER MÄR
RAGEN DIE RECKEN GUNTER DER KÖNIG
TRONIE DER TREUE UND GISELHER
Somewhat above was a roofed hall, the so-called Schießhaus. It was built in 1866 and was very popular with hikers. It was used for target shooting at the meetings of the forestry staff. Above the rock massif, the Steigberg road, built between 1887 and 1890, leads past to Waldleinigen.