In 1845, the pensioner Wilhelm Retzer from Freinsheim had a stone shelter built in his 80-acre forest area in Leistadt. The three pillars built into the entrance give this structure the character of a small hall. The hut was given this name in honour of his wife Laura née Schleicher. Wilh. Retzer died in 1856. The forest was auctioned off on behalf of his heirs and passed on to 30 Leistadt citizens. The Laura Hut itself was entrusted to the care of the Drachenfels Club probably around 1875. It is located on the hiking trail "Historischer Rundwanderweg Leistadt". Hiking maps are available at the Tourist Information Bad Dürkheim.