This chapel, located on the oldest way to Landau, is also called Loretokapelle, Römerkapelle or Schmiedskapelle. The date 1508 on the lintel is the oldest evidence of a chapel in Herxheim. In gratitude for his recovery from a serious illness in Loreto, the blacksmith Hans Georg Römer had the chapel restored in 1661. The people of Herxheim successfully resisted an ordered demolition of the chapel in 1777.
Late Gothic frescoes from the 16th century: Christ as the Redeemer of the world, together with the apostles; the crucifixion scene, the depiction of the founder family Römer and the then priest Trittheim date from the 17th century. Baroque altar with Madonna statue and putti (partly new acquisitions after robbery).