For a long time, the warriors' association had planned to have a memorial built for the fallen of the First World War. At their instigation, the municipal administration had the memorial built on the Köpfel in the summer of 1937 according to the plans of the architect Leidner in Kaiserslautern. The necessary masonry work was carried out by Friedrich Schäfer and Andreas Fettig. The sculpture work was done by Richard Menges in Kaiserslautern. An accompanying sacrificial bowl was made by the Karl Näher building and art locksmith's shop in Kaiserslautern. The memorial was inaugurated on 19 September 1937. It is made entirely of red sandstone (from the Gerhard u. Storck quarry) and consists of six brick pillars arranged in sixes around a sacrificial table; these are connected to each other by arches and bear the names of the 88 fallen, dead and missing, in addition to ornaments and character heads of front-line soldiers. Surrounded in a semicircle by mighty, hundred-year-old lime trees, the architecturally beautiful memorial makes a good impression on the free ridge of the Köpfel, which rises in the middle of the village. -- The total costs amounted to 6500 Reichsmark --
Source: Weidenthal, Geschichte eines Walddorfes (History of a Forest Village) by Heinrich Stuckert and Friedrich Laubscher.