The monastery itself was dissolved in 1591. All that remains is the choir and crossing with a hexagonal crossing tower. Today it is a Protestant church.
The chancel is structured by pilaster strips and round arch friezes, as well as stepped window reveals.
There are echoes of Worms Cathedral and the monastery church of Lobenfeld near Heidelberg.
The beautiful sandstone village fountain in front of the church was handed over on 1 October 1983.