A Catholic church was built on this site as early as 1732, and it was also dedicated to the patron Saint Batholomew. This was demolished in 1898 due to enormous damage. From 1899 to 1902, today's significantly larger Catholic church in neo-Gothic style was built on the same site. Parts of the old church, such as altar, organ, statues and baptismal font, are still preserved in the church today.
In the 20th century, the whole of Ingenheim suffered severe war damage. The church was also damaged and then renovated in 1955 and the damage repaired. The church is one of the cultural monuments of the place.