Kapelle im Bruch

Herxheim bei Landau

The chapel "Im Bruch" was built in 1907 in the garden of Joseph Schwenck and his wife Barbara Ohmer as a simple Lourdes grotto in a wooden hut.

In gratitude for his return from Russian captivity, their son Josef Schwenck rebuilt it in 1953 together with his wife Frieda Höfer.

The last time it was renovated was in 1996; today the chapel is visited by local residents in summer for the evening rosary.

 

Furnishings:

 

Replica of Lourdes Grotto; Immaculata with rosary, in front of it the girl Bernadette

Details

@ Contact

Verein Südliche Weinstrassse Herxheim e.V.
Obere Hauptstr. 2
76863 Herxhiem

Website: https://herxheim.suedlicheweinstrasse.de/
E-Mail: verein-suew@herxheim.de
Phone: (0049) 7276 501107
Fax: (0049) 7276 501250