Kallstadt - St. Salvator Kirche

Kallstadt

St. Salvator Kirche


St. Salvator Kirche
Weinstraße
67169 Kallstadt


Description

In the Middle Ages, a small chapel dedicated to St. Alban stood on today's church square. The church building consists of 2 differently old parts; the Gothic tower, which was built in the 13th century, and today's church, a Baroque hall, which was built around 1770 - 1780 under the rule of the Counts of Leiningen. In the process, the Gothic tower was given the baroque dome that is still visible today. The organ in St. Salvator's Church was built around 1774/75 by organ builder Johann Georg Geib. The 17-stop organ was completely renovated a few years ago.

opening hours