The foundation stone was laid on 6 May 1765. No one would suspect that the rather inconspicuous little Baroque church in the village of Elmstein, located in the middle of the Palatinate Forest, conceals a special treasure: a historic organ. The extremely opulent decoration of acanthus foliage on the baroque facade leads one to expect an organ of this provenance behind the smart facade. To the surprise of the observer, however, it is a high-quality, late-Romantic work by the organ builder Hermann Schlimbach, built in 1887. It is the only instrument by him that has been completely preserved. (Text excerpt CD cover by OSV Gero Kaleschke)
Guided and unguided tours are possible. Many pilgrims of St James stop here. Organ concerts are obligatory.