The elaborate Renaissance building in the Gewanne im Kirchengarten (today Marktstraße No. 5) was built by the master butcher Johannes (Hans) Rösser (approx. 1565 -1600). The building ensemble is the architecturally most interesting secular building in the community of Maikammer and the village of Alsterweiler. It consists of a main building, an annex with archways and a rear building with a barn. More information is available on the guided tours of Maikammer.