The existing collection is unique in its kind in the world, as it focuses largely on toys and tinware from the Bing Werke Nuremberg.
At the present time, the collection preserves and looks after well over 1,500 exhibits on a wide variety of topics from the Bing production range alone - all produced before 1932 and for the most part in excellent condition:
- railways (steam, clockwork, electric) and stations
- steam engines, drive models
- cars, ships, aeroplanes
- bears, dolls, stuffed animals
- doll stoves, dollhouse furnishings
- board and parlour games, playing cards
- cinematographs, children's gramophones, Bingola
- children's books, brochures, catalogues, advertising material
- physical and technical teaching aids
- typewriters, cameras, irons
- household objects (enamel, copper, art nouveau)
- refrigerators, cookers
- militaria, torches
The museum, museum shop and ice cream parlour are spread over an area of almost 300 square metres. Hardly recognisable from the outside, the museum has seven different departments and an enormous, varied collection treasure. The entrance is directly through the museum café.
The museum with its adjoining ice cream café offers you cosy comfort in summer and winter. In spring and summer you can enjoy your ice cream outside or have a coffee in our inner courtyard.
Free parking for cars directly in the town centre (limited number) or for cars and buses outside the town walls. Freinsheim is traffic-calmed on Sundays!