The hall church in the Neo-Romanesque style, but with features of late classicism, was built in Mühlhofen between 1839 and 1841. It was conceived by August von Voit. The exterior of the church is simple, but decorated with round arch frieze and twin windows above the round-arched portal. The tower is crowned by a pyramid roof with weather.
The interior is also discreet, but friendly. The five-sided apse with lateral sacristian buildings is included in the rectangular floor plan and therefore not perceptible from the outside. Previously, there was already a small chapel dedicated to St. Nicholas in Mühlhofen. The church is one of the cultural monuments of the place.