The 20-tube fountain is a rare sight. The exact origin date is not known, it is assumed around the year 1600. The well was built in 1855 in its present form. It is the strongest "column source" in the Palatinate. The water emerges from a huge fault gap, is first caught in two large well chambers, and then swells out of 20 tubes arranged in parallel.