Bismarckturm

Kallstadt

Bismarckturm


Bismarckturm
auf dem Peterskopf

Phone : +49 6322 667838
touristik@vg-freinsheim.de


Description

The monument dedicated to Imperial Chancellor Otto von Bismarck was projected by the Drachenfels Club from 1896 and erected from 1901 to 1903 under the direction of architect Friedrich Kunst from Karlsruhe. In 1925, a concrete ceiling collapsed while a school class was climbing the tower. In 1928, the relief, which had previously been destroyed by the French, was renewed. During the Second World War, two bombs hit the tower. The first renovation was carried out by the Drachenfelsclub in 1949. In 1973/74, further renovation work was carried out; accommodation for the tower keeper was also built. The tower has been a listed building since 1986.

opening hours