The farmers Johann Baptist Hörner and Barbara née Körper had the chapel built in 1864. Whether it was in memory of their five children who died due to tragic circumstances is not known, but it is assumed. Still in 1864 the chapel became property of the Catholic Church in Herxheimweyher. However, the donors had committed themselves to the maintenance of the chapel for life. In its size the chapel exceeds the usual size of the corridor chapels. The roof is adorned by a small roof turret with a cross at the end. The canopy is supported by two brick pillars and creates a large vestibule
Altar with crucifixion group; to the right of the altar there was a Terra Cotta figure of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, to the left of the altar there is a statue of St. Joseph. Since 1918 there has also been a Pietá, which after several burglaries was placed in the parsonage for security reasons.