We do not know when the old town hall was built. In the year 1686 it is reported that a "town hall" was built after the building used until then had burned down in 1674. An older municipal coat of arms with the date 1577 suggests that a town hall already stood here.
The town hall built in 1686 was used as an official building until 1964. During construction, stones were taken from the ruinous "Oberschloss" (Altenkirrweiler). A date indicates that a vault was renewed in this house in 1722 and an upper floor was added in 1758. Since 1964 the former schoolhouse has served as the town hall. The old town hall was bought by Mrs. Irmgard Schubert and restored in an exemplary manner.