The Latin school was founded in 1729. It emerged from the Höningen monastery school, which was lost during the Reformation. In 1834 a new building was erected on the site of the first school building - it housed the so-called 'Old Latin School', the forerunner of today's Leininger grammar school. The Leininger-Gymnasium is a general education high school in Grünstadt and is one of the oldest schools in Germany. It is also one of the oldest grammar schools in Rhineland-Palatinate. In 1962 the grammar school changed its location. It is now in Kreuzerweg. The old school building then housed a special school, and later also a Protestant kindergarten. The city finally left the old Latin school to the Protestant parish of Grünstadt. The Grünstadt youth center is located in the renovated building. There are also offices of the cantor and the community diacon. It is actively used for church music work and for children and youth work in the parish.