The Mediterranean Garden is located in Maikammer on the south side of the town hall of the municipal administration. Since May 1999, the garden documents anew the unique climatic favours of the region Südliche Weinstrasse. On an area of 1,200 square meters, mediterranean colors and fragrances compete for the attention of all senses. Over 500 different plant species from the most diverse regions around the Mediterranean flourish in this garden. Among them are, of course, the well-known Mediterranean kitchen herbs and spice plants, such as thyme, rosemary, sage, lavender or the interesting caper bush. The classic tree plants of the south, such as the cypress, the fig, the pistachio or the olive tree, but also more unknown species such as Moroccan broom, the Lebanese oak or the Portuguese laurel create a rich variety in the Mediterranean garden. In addition, idyllic seating areas and a small Boule court invite to stay. The garden is accessible to visitors at all times.
Dates for guided tours: www.maikammer-erlebnisland.de
Information on accessibility
- There is a parking space for disabled persons 100 m away (Johannes-Damm-Str. 11, 67487 Maikammer).
- The path to the picnic area leads partly over a surface that is easy to walk and drive on.
- There are six benches and a picnic table
- The picnic table is 76 cm high and wheelchair-accessible at a height of 73 cm and a depth of 26 cm.
- The picnic areas are located on a surface that is easy to walk on and drive over
- The nearest accessible toilet is located 100m away in the town hall (Immengartenstraße 24, 67487 Maikammer).
Tip for wheelchair users:
A very beautiful picnic area in the middle of a lovingly cultivated garden, which has an accessible terrain and the wonderful scent of Mediterranean herbs.