The place is 9 km east of Edenkoben between the biosphere reserve Palatinate Forest and the Rhine. It was first mentioned around 800 as Gunmareshaim. In 1508 Gommersheim came under the protection and patronage of the Electoral Palatinate. Only a few kilometers from the cathedral city of Speyer, this place is very conveniently located in the direction of the Electoral Palatinate. A bird protection path, a barbecue hut and a horse farm with offers for children provide variety. Gommersheim has a historic flair with its historic half-timbered houses and local history museum.